Subject: AOL Transcript of Sandra Bullock from July 24th, 1995.
From: [email-masked] (Felix the Cat)
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 1995 06:30:47 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.fan.sandra-bullock

OnlineHost:  1995 Oldsmobile; licensed to America Online, Inc.

OnlineHost:  The auditorium consists of two major areas: the audience,
where you are right now, and the stage, where the speakers appear.
Text which you type onscreen shows only to those in your row, prefaced
by the row number in parentheses, such as (2) if you are in row 2. To
interact with the speaker, use the Interact icon on your screen.

OnlineHost:  To send your question to the speaker, click on the
Interact icon, then use the Ask a Question option.

OnlineHost:  Sandra Bullock is one of Hollywood's busiest young
actresses. Her role as the dauntless driver in last summer's box
office smash, "Speed," opposite Keanu Reeves, brought her huge
international recognition. To date, the film has earned worldwide
receipts approaching $350 million.

OnlineHost:  Bullock recently completed her first starring role in the
hit romantic comedy, "While You Were Sleeping," opposite Bill Pullman
and Peter Gallagher. The film opened to rave reviews and a number one
box office slot two weeks in a row.

OnlineHost:  She has recently completed work opposite Denis Leary in
"Two If By Sea," set for release February 1996, and in September will
begin work opposite Samuel L. Jackson in "A Time to Kill," based on a
John Grisham novel and directed by Joel Schumacher. In the Spring of
1996, Bullock will produce and star in "Kate and Leopold."

OnlineHost:  Her other feature credits include "Demolition Man,"
starring opposite Sylvester Stallone and Wesley Snipes, "Wrestling
Ernest Hemingway," for Academy Award-nominated director Randa Haines,
starring opposite Robert Duvall, Peter Bogdanovich's warm-hearted "The
Thing Called Love," opposite River Phoenix, Samantha Mathis and Dermot
Mulroney, "The Vanishing," "When the Party's Over," and "Love Potion
#9." Please greet Sandra Bullock!

CelebCircl:  Sandra, welcome to Oldsmobile's Celebrity Circle!

SandraBk:  Thank you! Just in case anyone was wondering. THE NET sort
of missed the line-up, but no biggie.

CelebCircl:  Our first question is from Bradmet1.

Question:  Sandra, it would make my day if you can say..I Love you
Brad. Will ya do it?

SandraBk:  I love you Brad, how was that? Nice to meet you, even
though it was short.

CelebCircl:  The next question is from MolliMo.

Question:  I want to tell you, I saw you in While You Were Sleeping
and you were fabulous! You are one of the only actresses in Hollywood
not screwed up by fame. What's the first thing you bought with your
check from Speed?

SandraBk:  I bought my parents a very fancy black European car, with
black interior. Nothing else mattered but the color.

CelebCircl:  The next question is from Teresa8.

Question:  Dear Sandra, I think you are the most beautiful actress in
Hollywood today. I can't wait to see THE NET. Can you please send me
an autograph. My address is 1625 Lake    Salvador, Harvey, Louisiana
70058. My name is Jorge. You did great in SPEED.

SandraBk:  Dear Teresa8 took down the address, and thank you very
much! And thank YOU Jorge too!

CelebCircl:  The next question is from Shwine.

Question:  Where are you from originally, Sandra?

SandraBk:  Well that's a little hard to explain, but basically I was
born in Wash D.C, went back and forth from there to Germany, then
moved to New York city and then L.A. Pick the place that sounds the
most glamorous!

CelebCircl:  The next question is from Polyether.

Question:  I love all your movies. What was it like to work with the
comic genius of Dennis Miller?

SandraBk:  To work with Dennis was really a hard slap in the face to
how really uneducated I really am. He's just that, a comic genius and
I loved working with him!

CelebCircl:  The next question is from Akira G.

Question:  Hi Sandy, Happy Birthday!!! Are you sill an online customer
with AOL? Akira G

SandraBk:  Thanks Akira, I'll have a slice of cake in your honor. I
was a customer and will be back within the week!

CelebCircl:  The next question is from YRFAN.

Question:  What was your "big" break in showbiz? Was it Speed?

SandraBk:  My REALLY big break was Speed, but I really felt even the
smaller films I did, to be one big break after the other.

CelebCircl:  The next question is from Burke22.

Question:  Of all the roles you've played which character is most like
the real Sandra?

SandraBk:  Each of them had a little of myself in them, but I have to
say the character in While You Were Sleeping was the closest!

CelebCircl:  The next question is from Rosiiii.

Question:  Sandra- how do you feel about the media calling you the
next Julia Roberts?  Do you get PO'd or what? Why can't people just be
able to be themselves!

SandraBk:  No, actually it's very flattering, but I honestly feel it's
just a reference point for those who haven't the slightest clue as to
who I am and I'm sure one day some other young actor will feel a
little nuts, being called a Sandy type, but I hope they take it with a
good sense of humor!

CelebCircl:  The next question is from Med Dredd.

Question:  Are you going to be in Speed 2 Miss Bullock? You are A
great and beautiful actress.

SandraBk:  Thank you! I don't know about Speed 2, but if we do it, it
has to be better and more clever than the first with all the same
players.

CelebCircl:  The next question is from Bradmet1.

Question:  Sandra, do you have a fan club for us?

SandraBk:  Not that I know of, but I have heard that somewhere on the
WEB, there's one. Try to go to the Sony Web site and that might be
able to help you @http://www.sony.com/

CelebCircl:  The next question is from WmSchn.

Question:  How was it like working with Keanu on Speed?

SandraBk:  I gained a lot of respect for Keanu by working with him.
He's one of the few people I have met, that have inspired me to be a
better and more honest person. So in a nutshell, I think he's great!

CelebCircl:  The next question is from Tim Froma.

Question:  Are you aware of your popularity on the internet? And have
you ever wanted to assume an alias and sit and watch what people are
saying about you on the net?

SandraBk:  I have thought about it, but I have to be honest and say it
scares me a little. I just feel like it's not my place to eavesdrop on
private conversations, but it makes me feel good that there is
interest. I know, I know, my typo. Is that how you spell typo?

CelebCircl:  The next question comes from Kingdunc.

Question:  My fave movie (believe it or not) is Love Potion #9. Do
actors also hold fond memories for some of their quirkier parts?

SandraBk:  My quirkier parts have always been my favorite! It was one
of my first jobs and holds a great deal of memories for me.

CelebCircl:  The next question is from MWave.

Question:  Sandra, is that a little scar near your left eye?  If so,
how did you get it?

SandraBk:  Good question. My dad and I were crossing a river when I
was 10 and he would count to three and then we would jump, but on the
last rock he jumped on the three count and I went down, on my way,
meeting a nice rock, whom I later named BOB!

CelebCircl:  The next question is from PATCAMERA.

Question:  Sandra, you're very pretty. How can you continue to be a
hitmaker? Do you tend to worry about your future and the projects you
take? Would love to interview you on my cable show? (from Patcamera)

SandraBk:  Nope, can't worry about things that are way beyond my
control, so all I can really do is just continue to pick things that
challenge, and allow me to have fun.

CelebCircl:  The next question is from Anastasyi.

Question:  Hi Sandy! Just had to know - I loved you in WYWS and can
picture you as Lucy. How are you most like and unlike the character of
Angela Bennett? On behalf of the entire AOL SB fan club, we'd really
like to know. Thanks so much!

SandraBk:  Wow a fan club, well thanks for that first of all and to
answer your question, I related to the character of Angela in the
sense that I find it very easy to hide at home and especially behind a
computer screen when I feel that life as we know it seems a little too
harsh, but that's always a sign that I need some quiet time and to
recharge my battery!

CelebCircl:  The next question is from Heathclif.

Question:  I loved you in "Thing Called Love" what was it like working
on the last movie River Pheonix would be in?

SandraBk:  Sad on one hand, but he was so very gifted and genuine that
looking back I feel very fortunate to have been around him, even
though it was only for a short time. He is missed!

CelebCircl:  The next question is from Gr8smile.

Question:  Sandra, I understand that you are a real fan of the
internet yourself. What do you especially like to do while "surfing
the net"?

SandraBk:  Just meet people that normally I would never get to know an
any level, and just talk about something other than "movies". Do you
have a great smile?

CelebCircl:  The next question is from Buddman1.

Question:  What do you like to do for fun? What is your idea of a
romantic evening?

SandraBk:  Eat, sleep, not work, dance, work on my house, travel, or
road trips and a romantic evening would be a trip to KFC, a great
video topped off with Haagen Dazs Vanilla Swiss almond and with a
partner in crime.

CelebCircl:  The next question is from FAsprer.

Question:  Hey Sandra, what kind of music do you listen to?

SandraBk:  My music tastes a VERY eclectic, but on the top of the list
is anything R&B, Blues/Soul, progressive Salsa and then anything by
Tom Jones.

CelebCircl:  The next question is from Peter0904.

Question:  Sandra, are the rumors about you and Troy Aikman true? I'm
heart broken!

SandraBk:  No, no need for a broken Heart. Troy is an AOL user who I
have talked with and met briefly, but no romance.

CelebCircl:  The next question is from EricFreed.

Question:  Any upcoming movies, Sandra, besides The Net?

SandraBk:  I did a film with Denis Leary called Two if By Sea, then I
will be doing  A Time to Kill. Then producing one of my own called
Kate and Leopold.

CelebCircl:  The next question is from MolliMo.

Question:  Have you dated any Hollywood actors?

SandraBk:  Yes for four years and a very good one at that!

CelebCircl:  The next question is from Burke22.

Question:  I've loved you since Love Potion #9, but most people know
you from Speed. Did you have any idea what that movie was going to do
for you?

SandraBk:  No idea at all. People pretty much made fun of us, but I
guess we kinda had the last laugh didn't we.

CelebCircl:  The next question is from ConinaRub.

Question:  In the time you've been involved in show business, how many
movies have you done? Which one do you wish you hadn't made?

SandraBk:  I really can't count without removing my fingers from the
Keyboard, but I'd have to say about 8 or so, but yes there is one I
wish I hadn't made because I was horrible in it, and I didn't know how
to even hit my mark so I was out of focus half the time.

CelebCircl:  The next question is from The Kohse.

Question:  Sandra, with your recent movie deals, especially the recent
signing for the John Grisham vehicle, "A Time to Kill", you are going
to be an actress who happens to have about $10 million. How do you
stay so down-to-earth?

SandraBk:  I'M MAKING TEN MILLION? REALLY? I'M honestly NOT making TEN
MILLION. But since this type of success has happened later on instead
of when I was 10, I find myself very stuck in my ways, and very unable
to change. My parents will confirm that one.

CelebCircl:  We have time for only a few more questions, and the next
one is from Rossevell.

Question:  Dear Sandra: Say, Sandra, I live about 15 minutes from the
location where you'll be filming 'A Time To Kill'. How hard could it
be for me to get a part as an extra and get to schmooze with the best
of them? All the best, Danielle Griffith.

SandraBk:  Call the production office when it comes to town and ask
where you can drop off a picture.

CelebCircl:  The next question is from ShannonMH.

Question:  Who would you love to be your next leading man?

SandraBk:  My father! He's very handsome and funny. He'll tell you
himself.

CelebCircl:  The next question is from Togood2Bm.

Question:  What's the best advice you can give for a struggling actor
in Arkansas? HELP please!

SandraBk:  My best advice is that you should always trust your
instincts, it's your greatest weapon, AND try, try, try!

CelebCircl:  The next question is from DoSolomon.

Question:  Sandra, where did you learn to act? College?  High School?

SandraBk:  Right in front of the bathroom mirror! No seriously, in
school and by watching as many of the greats as I could.

CelebCircl:  The next comment is from JenM2000.

Question:  Hey Sandy - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (Yeah, I know it's Wednesday.)
See ya on Letterman! And at the movies on Friday!

SandraBk:  THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I'll be on a plane on that
day, but I'll make sure to toast one with the pilot...non-alcoholic
naturally! But thanks very much!

CelebCircl:  Our last question tonight is from KHom8.

Question:  Hi Sandy, who are YOUR favorite actors (past & present)?

SandraBk:  Everyone with the last name Hepburn, Jerry Lewis, Whoopi
Goldberg, Jessica Lange and the list could go on for a very long time.

CelebCircl:  Sandra, thank you for joining us tonight. Is there
anything you'd like to say to our audience before you go?

SandraBk:  YES! Thank you so much, to everyone who took the time to
TRY and send in a question. Sitting here it's a pretty overwhelming
feeling watching the number of you who signed on just to talk to me.
I'll leave this very dark room with a big smile. Thanks!

CelebCircl:  And Happy Birthday from all of us!

OnlineHost:  Our thanks to Sandra Bullock for joining us this evening.
The transcript of this event will be made "live" within 24 hours. Be
sure to get it if you arrived late. Don't forget to join us again
tomorrow at 10 when Olds will present Jason James Richter of "Free
Willy II." Thank you and good night!

Copyright 1995 Oldsmobile, Licensed to America Online, Inc.